Rabu, 04 Januari 2012

Everybody's Changing

Four years ago when I was just a trainee in my office, I and other 19 trainees went to Puncak for an English camp.
In one of the several nights we spent there, I was engaged to a conversation with two female trainees about having children. Girl A couldn’t wait to have one after she got married (at that time she was in a 3 years relationship with her boyfriend), Girl B was afraid that she couldn't have a baby (she was just afraid, not like she had disease or something that avoid her for being pregnant), and I….
I said to them I don’t want to have a child. I felt it is too selfish to have a kid in this crazy world full of untrusted and evil people. I can’t imagine him socialize with them and turns into one. I can take care of my kid and educate them well (maybe?) but I can’t prevent him from making sins, and every sin has consequence. I also cannot bear thinking I will raise a kid in this full pollution country with unpredictable weather. For this case, yes, I saw my glass half empty.
Four years later.
I still work together with those girls in the same company. They’re married. Girl A married to her boyfriend that she dated for four years. They have a daughter now. Girl B broke up with her boyfriend, then dated senior in her Post Graduate class and they got married last year. She is pregnant now. Me?
So little time
Try to understand that I'm
Trying to make a move just to stay in the game
I try to stay awake and remember my name
But everybody's changing
And I don't feel the same

(Keane - Everybody's Changing)
Sorry Keane, I disagree
I don't see me and the girls changing at all. We focused on our goals and became what we talked about 4 years ago.
When a person changed, he’s not exactly changing, he is just showing his other side that I don’t see before.
I'm not changing, I’m just becoming more myself than I was 4 years ago.

5 komentar:

  1. menerima diri sendiri, adalah langkah pertama, sa. ratusan langkah di depan sana bernama 'belajar jadi lebih baik'. Dan dalam pemahaman seperti itu, kita harus berubah.

    good luck

    BalasHapus
  2. Mungkin dalam 10 tahun ini lo banyak belajar & nampak berubah. Jelas skrg lo seorang suami & seorang bapak, lo juga seorang engineer yang sudah melanglang buana.
    Jelas juga dalam 10 taun ini lo sudah menghadapi problem ini dan itu & mungkin sudah berulang kali naik kelas.
    Tapi, Rio yang gw kenal 10 tahun yg lalu dan Rio yg gw kenal skrg menurut gw tidak berubah. You became what exactly i thought you would become. Kalau soal kerja dimana & menjadi apa itu soal rezeki berperan yaa...Tapi basically, i dont see you changing, at all. Lo adalah Rio yang sama yg gw kenal 10 taun lalu.
    kita bisa merubah hal2 minor, degree, pengetahuan, dll. Tapi merubah sebenar2nya kita, hmmm... i don't think so.

    BalasHapus
  3. menebak-nebak gadis A dan B..
    *tring! kyknya tau ei hehehe*

    bukan kepribadian yg berubah, tapi orientasi/ tujuan seseorg dalam hidupnya pasti berubah2 (yg sekolah pen kuliah, yg kuliah pen lulus, yg lulus pen kerja, yg kerja pen nikah, yg nikah pen punya anak, dan strusnya)
    u dont feel the change bcs u are in a good friendship w/ them..jadi perkara everybody's changing mungkin cuma berlaku buat mreka yg kenal just on the surface :)

    BalasHapus
  4. halooo Ei... ah gampang itu mah tebak2annya, hihihi...
    iya bener, yang berubah itu biasanya cuma hal2 minor, kita mungkin tambah kaya atau jd miskin, tambah pintar & tambah bijak, tp itu ga pasti sejalan sama corenya kita & si core itu tidak berubah :D

    BalasHapus