Kamis, 24 Maret 2011

Arguing


I have never been participating in any professional debate competition till now, but there is one person who keeps disagreeing with my thoughts and shouting them out loud lately. He also always looks happy and starts laughing every time he sees me getting emotional during our debates. Darn youuuu….
Warning, all of our arguments I write here were based on our own thoughts. We have no professional knowledge of the issues. Apologize if the thoughts weren’t accurate.
Here are some of our debate topics,
1.   Blackberry versus iPhone
He is an iPhone user and I am a blackberry user. As far as I know (and I didn’t do any research before writing this) blackberry is a smart phone and it is used to make work easier. It is the first gadget using push email as its feature. Its segment is middle to high working class workers. He started insulting me by saying like “really?? Are you kidding me?” He said blackberry is a gadget for alay. It proved by nowadays many alays using them everywhere. He also said, here in Indonesia you can find blackberry everywhere, and that made it lost its exclusiveness. He said even parkingman (without any intention to degrade this choice of career) in Indonesia using blackberry. He didn’t just refer me to one of the alays, he also underestimated my gadget. Hey, iPhone ain’t that good either. You can find in Wikipedia that apple iPhone is the 4th most popular device manufacturer in the world, while blackberry is the 5th. If he said he can find blackberry everywhere, then the more he can find iPhone everywhere. He said blackberry is for alay? I told him some alay Hollywood tv series and what gadget the casts use (I phone of course). Both of us are now using old generation of those gadgets. I suggest, instead of debating, we could save our energies for buying new ones, rite?? Hahahaha….

2.   Doctors versus Engineers
I stupidly started this debate by pitying new doctors in our country. I said they have to study for 6 years more or less just to be general doctors (is this phrase rite?). Then they usually do PTT for the next one or two years depends on the location. When they are finally hired (in hospitals, clinics, or others) their first salaries are around several hundred to 1-2 million Rupiah. Engineers on the other hand are quite luckier. They normally graduate after 4 years and can immediately work after that. Their salaries are usually higher, around more than 5 million Rupiah as first graduates. He said doctors, once they are famous and have loyal patients, get much more money than engineers. I indeed agree, but how long shall they try until they are famous? Usually every year medical faculties accept a hundred or two new med students. Are they all ending up being famous and getting a lot of patients? I don’t think so. He said not all newly graduates engineers get paid more than 5 million Rupiah. That depends on which company they are in, and what job they are responsible. We talked about this when we had stuck on traffic. We didn’t even agree on something hours later when we finally arrived home. hahahahaha….

3.   Balikpapan, a good or a lame city ?
I was born in Balikpapan and I lived there until I finished my high school. My daddy, mommy and little sister still live in there right now. He lived in Balikpapan for 3 months when he did his on job training in one of Oil Company there. Our perspectives are exactly different. And I don’t know what happened to him while he lived there, but his impression of the city is not nice. He once told me his uncle texting and asked him when he will hang out in there. He -laughing- said like what a joke his uncle question was. He said Balikpapan doesn’t have any cool place to hang out so what’s the point of going there? Funnyyyy….


Hey dude, i forgot how many times we have argued, but I remember exactly we have done it a lot!! Even though they were all absurd, I have enjoyed them all very much. I’m totally not afraid of having them more in the future. Bring it, hahahahaha…

3 komentar:

  1. Tebak tebak buah manggis....
    pati debat ma hae yah wkekek

    BalasHapus
  2. iya, siapa lagi musuh gw yg gadgetnya iphone my, hahahaha....

    BalasHapus
  3. eh kok my, ra maksudnya, eror gw, hahahaha...

    BalasHapus