Selasa, 22 Maret 2011

Our Watching Movies Experience

I love watching movies. Before Sunrise and Before Sunset are two of the many beautiful movies I have watched. The setting was in Europe (Before Sunrise was in Vienna and Before Sunset was in Paris). Chemistry between the two main protagonists was so real. I did not feel like watching movie. I felt like peeping two people while they were talking and flirting to each other all day and night long. Jeux D’enfants (English title: Love Me If You Dare) is also one of my favorite. It is a story of two best friends and their favorites dare game. In times, they realized they love each other but unfortunately they were in love with the game more. It was a very cute movie at the beginning, getting cruel in the middle and ended with a beautiful tragedy. Not all of my favorites come from Hollywood or European. I like some Asian movies too. One is crossing my head in this moment, Ghajini. It is an Indian movie about someone who everything he had has been taken away from him. He had lost his beloved fiancĂ©e, his full memory and the worst, his happiness. He lived with short term memory loss, anger, sadness and great feeling to take revenges. Warning: please prepare tissues before watching it. The movies that I usually categorized as my favorites were not only mesmerizing my eyes but also melting my heart in the same time.
Haekal loves watching movies. He adores Christopher Nolan (a movie director) and all his magnificent arts. He had lent me Memento once and I needed to watch it twice before finishing it (I fell asleep on the first attempt). This movie is the original version of Ghajini. It is also a story about someone with short term memory loss. The story went flat but the ending was genius. No romance was involved in this movie, except the main protagonist reason for his revenge, his wife was killed. Haekal is also dazzled by Inception.  A confusing science fiction movie ;p. Inception is a story about a dream (or nightmare?) in a dream, dreams stealing, and getting trap into a deepest dream called limbo. Haekal adores Nolan, but his most favorite movies of all time are The Matrix trilogy by The Wachowskis. I watched the first movie more than a decade ago and already forgot it by now, but he said the directors are geniuses. Do not ask me why. I do not know, and I do not want to know, hahaha…
Haekal and I love movies, but our favorite genres are different. I do not watch The Matrix full series so I cannot give a comment about them. But I have watched Memento, and I say Ghajini is more suitable for my taste. He does not want to watch Ghajini. He said Indian movies are out of his league. He said there are too many dramas, too many dances, and too many unnecessary expressions. I disagree. There so many good movies from India nowadays, and because he is trapped in his prejudice, he missed out some very good ones. I even thought, if only he could more open minded, he would have different experience from watching non-Hollywood movies. But then I realize I was wrong. I cannot push anyone to agree with my opinion. I cannot push him to watch anything that I want. He is free to watch anything he wants as well as he is free to choose not to watch some particular movies he does not want. I am the one who should more open minded. Gratefully, I am now, a little ;p.
Ps: even though our favorite genres are different, we often went to see movies together. I like some of them, he likes some others, but sometime we were lucky watching movies we both like (usually comedy or movies with high IMDb’s score).
These are covers of the movies i have mentioned in this post.








All pictures are taken from wikipedia.

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar