Selasa, 22 Maret 2011

Rony's Birthday

It was Rony’s birthday when we went Paintball-ing (my company’s event) in Patriot Paintball, Alam Sutera, Tangerang. At first, I was thinking to buy him a cake the day before. But hey, where to put it? I don’t have a fridge! Ok, I’ll consider to buy one, later…When I already have a house, maybe thousand years from now, hoho…Yes I’m being sarcastic. You know what, doing house searching is really frustrating. Not only because my money is very limited (to be honest, it’s not even my money. My generous company lends me some so that I can buy a house) but also I am a terrible perfectionist house searcher. This perfectionist thingy exactly doesn’t match with the limited money condition I’ve got. Tell you later about my tiring house searching experience. Let’s go back to the cake.
I then thought to buy the cake after we finish our paintball tournament (yes, we are all athletes, and that was a competition ;p). We planned to go to Jhon-Dumex’s wedding first after paintball (if you found those smelly guests in the wedding, they weren’t us ;p) then go having dinner, treated by (of course) the birthday boy (or man?). As I realized later, some things were going according to plan (alhamdulillah), but in random order. Yeah…
I woke up late. The traffic was my best friend that day (or because it was weekend?) and gladly I came early to the office. The committee provided bus to go to Alam Sutera and they also provided breakfast meals. Thank you guys for all your efforts and made me comfortably seated inside the bus, eating my breakfast, you were so nice. On the next moment, I knew I left my purse at home, oh well… That means I drove with no driving license (don’t try this yourself) and I had to find someone to borrow some money to buy the cake.
The paintball tournament was very fun. Even though I lost (2 times) and got shot (2 times), I enjoyed the event so much. Yeah, I know I’m not some kind of muscle lady with weapon, I’m more like a princess in the castle, hahahahaha. My married colleagues brought their families and I was moved every time I saw them took care of their kids. In the office, they acted like little boys playing around with their friends and toys (by saying toys I mean maps and logs -____-) but that day I saw them as responsible fathers. Good job guys J
There were lotteries (door prizes) during the event and I won 200k Carrefour voucher. The birthday boy won 21 inches flat screen tv, which he sold by the end of that day, hahaha….
The bus sent us back to the office and shortly after we arrived, Rony told us he left his jacket (wallet, motorcycle key and cell phone included) in Patriot Paintball. The committee went back to Alam Sutera and we had to wait one or two hours before Rony got his jacket back. I borrowed money from Pipin and went to Jesselyn Cakes near the office to buy the cake (initially I wanted to buy the cake in Harvest, since I had no driving license at the moment, I chose the closest cake store, Jesselyn Cakes). With 50k Rupiah I had to buy the smallest cake, candles, and lighter (the lighters that Grand Lucky sells cover with football club logo, but there was no Real Madrid (his fave) so I chose to buy the Inter Milan one (his previous fave club). Rony basically supports any club as long as their coach is Jose Mourinho, weird ;p
After two hours waiting, with small cake in my bag and Rony’s jacket had returned, we –Rony, Pipin, and I– went to Holycow Steak. Why holycow? Because they treat customers who having birthday with free wagyu, that’s why. The first word –free– already attracted him, the second word –wagyu– made it surer ;p. That was his first wagyu and he said he would ever eat it again only if someone paid it for him or maybe in his next birthday, hahaha…. Somehow I agree with him, wagyu is expensive and my village tongue cannot even distinguish its taste with common beef steak ;p
While we were talking (if I’m not mistaken, it was about his dark yet impressive past), I took out the cake from my bag, lighted the candle and sang him happy birthday together with Pipin. He smiled J, made a wish then blew the candle. I’m glad seeing my friend’s happy, and I saw him happy that night (I wish I'm not wrong). Yippiee, my plan went well JJJ
In Holycow rules, the birthday person has to wear a birthday headband to get free wagyu. So here he is, with the headband and the small cake. Can’t you guys see his sacrifice to get free stuff? Hahahaha…..  


Pssstt....He doesn't allow me to put this picture anywhere. So, please don't tell him. You see and you forget, rite??? ritee????
We missed out Jhon-Dumex’s wedding that day. We are really sorry, we wish you two having a happily marriage and surrounding with beautiful kids J


4 komentar:

  1. Whuakakaka.... demi wagyu gratis si rony rela berkorban seperti itu :P
    Dan itu doorprize di jual? omigod keberuntungan nya bakalan hilang tuh....
    Nanti bisa2 ngga akan dapet doorprize lagi wkekke...
    _rora_

    BalasHapus
  2. Harganya hampir 3x lipat Ra dibanding steak biasa, hahahaha.....Btw, kan yg dapet doorprize namanya dicoret dari daftar, jadi emang gak mungkin dapet doorprize lagi, hoho :D

    BalasHapus
  3. yes... soalnya mulai kmren kan (coret-mencoret nama) hahha...

    btw nice, quite attractive n comprehensive story there..

    -pip

    BalasHapus